Before you apply to any of the adventure programs designed by NIMAS, here are a few points to remember.
- Seats are allotted on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE basis.
- All NIMAS course forms are available online. You can either pay online or issue a demand draft in the institute's name, payable at SBI, Dirang Branch, Arunachal Pradesh.
- Unless there's a valid medical reason, transfer of vacancy is not allowed by the institute.
A basic level of physical fitness is a must. The ideal would be the ability to walk for 3 to 4 kilometres with additional weight of 20 kilos.
Training Fee should be remitted through a Bank Draft, payable at State Bank of India, Dirang , payable at Dirang. PART PAYMENT,CHEQUES, MONEY ORDERS, POSTAL ORDERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. The fee can also be paid through NEFT /RTGS, THE DETAILS ARE AS UNDER:-
Account Name: NIMAS Fee Receipt Account
Bank Name: State Bank of India, Dirang 790101, Arunachal Pradesh
Account Number: 33825821120
IFSC Code: 06010, MICR Code: 784002519
Fee includes expenses on food, accommodation, equipment, transportation, medicines and other training expenses during the course. Simple and wholesome vegetarian and non vegetarian meals are served during the course. No special dietary requirements can be catered for.
- The refund policy as under :-
(a) If the request for cancellation is made 90 days earlier from the start date of the course, it entitles 100% refund of course fee (After deducting transaction charges as applicable).
(b) If the request for cancellation is made 60 days earlier from the start date of the course, it entitles 50% refund of course fee (After deducting transaction charges as applicable).
(c) If the request for cancellation is made 30 days earlier from the start date of the course, it entitles 25% refund of course fee (After deducting transaction charges as applicable).
(d) No refund thereafter.
(e) Once participated in the course, training fee will not be refunded or transferred if an individual leaves course midway due to illness, medical, disciplinary or compassionate grounds.
- Courses cancelled due to inclement weather conditions/exigencies of services and courses which are undersubscribe (less than 25% of the respective course vacancy) :-
(a) Reserved for next available course.
(b) 100% refund.
- Obtaining an Inner Line Permit (ILP) is a must when you are crossing over to West Kameng district. Two sets of passport size photos and an ID proof is needed for an ILP. The document can either be obtained at Bhalukpong or processed by the Regional Residential Officer in your state.